There are many secrets in life; things to be explored, new experiences to find, and loves to be discovered. I am just a simple girl with a simple life in search of more.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Thank frickin' god it's Friday!
Welp, we all made it to Friday; I guess that is an achievement in itself after a loathsome work week. I feel like we should have a nationwide celebration. I'm even half tempted to listen to the annoying, pre-teen Rebecca Black anthem for Friday; "gotta get down on Friiidayy, Friidayy." Nevertheless, as much as I would like to party-hardy, I must float gracefully back down to reality and the fact that I am indeed in the most insipid city in the country. Why have I been cursed so harshly by the 'Gods of Fun'? I guess I will have to make due with what I have at hand; currently it's a kitchen, my two cats, my bed, and the car with no air conditioning (need I remind you that this has been the hottest week on record for my state). I could cook. No wait take that back, I can bake because my cooking skills are nil. I can burn anything from meat to toast; I just have that special talent. I can, however, bake cookies and cakes like Betty Crocker herself. Some banana muffins and zucchini cupcakes sound quite satisfying. I could always just paint my nails the usual hot pink or nude or maybe go for something more adventurous. I could give up on doing anything exciting or out of the ordinary and just take a nap. This last option is sounding quite appealing because of the less than 6 hours of sleep I obtained the previous night. Maybe after I will get my Netflix movie out of the mail that I have dying to see the past six months; Sex and the City 2. And since I would have the house to myself I can watch it contently without the fear that my two younger siblings will intrude. Why can't I have a radical night like Bill and Ted. Not only did they get a phone booth time traveling machine delivered to them by George Carlin, but they got to pick up some most excellent people in history (Billy the Kid, Socrates, Abe Lincoln, Joan of Ark, and even Napoleon). I wish I had friends like them. I would love to take them all to Waterloo and the mall to venture out into society and reek absolute havoc; how memorable would that be! Of course, unlike Bill and Ted, I will remember to bring pre-chewed gum in case the antenna breaks. Hopefully whatever I end up doing tonight it will be epic and most awesome. 69 dudes!
This is definitely how a Friday night should be spent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.